Will someone help me my first time?
- Yes! Yes! Yes!
- Everyone is entitled to help. You should never feel like you are bothering us or imposing. Don’t be shy, please just walk up to the front counter or any training coach. Although we are unable to stay with you through your entire workout, we can help with most questions, introduction to equipment, and basic nutrition advice.
- To get the absolute most out of your time, we suggest scheduling an appointment with the club head trainer.
Can I bring a guest to the gym?
- Members may bring guests to the gym for a daily fee of $15.00 per visit. If your guest enrolls within 24 hours, we will credit the $15.00 on thier account.
What are my options for paying my member dues?
- Island Gym’s EFT/Autopay program offers Advantage members convenient and accurate billing directly from a checking account or credit card. This eliminates late payments or the possibility of delinquent account status.
- Payments can be made via online at www.IslandGym.com. See My Account Online for instructions.
- Payments can also be made at the front check-in counter of any Island Gym location.
- Payments made to the gym 5 days before your due date will not be drafted via EFT.
What do I wear when I come to the gym?
- Proper workout attire is always recommended.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are mandatory.
- We recommend you wear comfortable sneakers and clothing suitable for exercise.
- Prohibited are open-toed shoes, flip-flops, and work-boots.
Who will help me if I have a problem or a complaint?
- Island Gym provides you several methods to reach someone in charge. We can answer all your questions from problems with billing, freezing your membership, as well as canceling your membership. Island Gym Member Services has been established to handle all these issues and is available to help you with any problem you have.
- Please do not ask the front counter staff about billing problems, or other issues regarding your account. Member Services is best equipped to handle every situation.
Do I have to check in at the front counter every time I enter the club?
- Yes! You need to check in and provide your key tag or membership number every time you enter the club. A picture is required on your account and will be used to identify you at entry.
- Please be patient when entering the club and when providing the front desk attendant your information.
- Please be advised that you will be stopped at check-in for any alerts on your account including past due balance, billing information, or an expired contract.
How do I learn about fitness and use of the equipment?
Don't be shy! The best and most effective way to learn about fitness is to ask questions. We're here to help. At any time, just approach the front desk or any trainer and ask any question you have. Ask as many questions as you want, and don't worry, we won't try to sell you training.
A combination of time in the gym, talking with our staff, and watching others is always best. The more you feel comfortable and confident, the more enjoyable your time spent in the gym will be.
Do I have access to my membership records?
- All members have complete and secure access to their membership records 24/ 7 via the Island Gym website. You can view your account online and even request changes to your contact and billing information. Viewing of all charges on your account and even payment balances are also available online.
- Member Services is also available for all your account needs and requests. You may request an invoice, payment history, check-in history, and any reports available on your account.
Are group fitness classes included in my membership?
- Yes! All group fitness and aerobics classes are included with every Island Gym membership.
- Class schedules are available online, and printed schedules are located at the member center.
Can I freeze my membership and how are my membership dues handled?
- Yes, Advantage members can freeze their agreement.
- Freeze requests are made online via the Island Gym website. All freeze requestss are reviewed by member services and must qualify before they are approved. Please be sure to review all the terms and conditions of the freeze request form.
- Members can freeze for only 1, 2, or 3 months.
- Standard memberships are not eligible to freeze.
Qualifications to freeze your membership are as follows:
- You must provide proof of a medical ailment with a doctor's note.
- You must provide proof of temporary residence change.
- You must provide proof of military obligations.
Freezing your membership during your open renewal period with the result in deferred invoicing and billing up to 3 months or time requested. Allow 15 days for processing.
How do I cancel my membership?
- Canceling your account is easy and hassle free.
- You must complete and submit a cancellation form provided on the Island Gym website.
- Please be sure to read the cancellation request terms and conditions. Allow 15 days to process.
- Advantage memberships and open renewal contracts must be formally canceled online to stop future billing.
- Standard memberships do not require cancellation. They automatically expire at the end of the contract term.
- Cancellation requests are submitted to member services and must qualify to be approved.
- If you do not qualify, you are still obligated to the terms of your agreement.
- If you do not qualify to cancel you may opt to pay the balance of the agreement or a cancellation fee of $96.