Dear members and friends of Island Gym,
Update: August 28, 2020
We have received notice from the governor of NJ Health Clubs may re-open as of 9-1-20. We are reviewing the guidelines and making preparations in the gym to accommodate the state requirements.
Update: March 21, 2020
We are accepting online freeze requests. Click Here.
1. If you are currently in monthly billing, we will freeze (delay your payments) for 2 months.
2. If you are a standard member (paid in full), we will address extending your membership once the gyms are reopened. Members will need to contact us at that time.
Update: March 16, 2020
Island Gym in both Ventnor and Northfield will be closed as of 8 pm, March 16, 2020.
The state of New Jersey has mandated that ALL gym, fitness centers, classes, etc. close as of 8 pm on Monday, March 16, 2020. The state HAS NOT given us a date when we will be able to reopen.
Please stay tuned on our website and social media for updates.
Update: March 10, 2020
CORONA VIRUS ANNOUNCEMENT
The gyms are open. Group fitness and training are running on normal schedule.
While currently the reported cases of this virus in our area are very low, we recognize the public’s concerns about the contagious nature of this strain (COVID-19) and are implementing procedures to minimize the possibility of exposure to our members, friends, family, and employees.
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ANYONE WHO ENTERS OUR FACILITY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY
Our staff is being updated daily with the following recommended precautions established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to aide in the prevention of spreading this novel virus and will be utilizing the EPA's lists of approved products and procedures for the use against the COVID-19.
Island Gym will undergo environmental sanitization process at a higher frequency rate than normal.
These environmental level cleanings will include:
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the gym, such as equipment, counter tops, and doorknobs.
- Use of cleaning agents that are all recommended by the CDC and WHO to minimize contact with the Virus!
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls) can be wiped down by members and employees before each use.
- Elimination of the use of sponges or rags to clean any surfaces
At this time we ask that you aide in the prevention by following hygiene guidelines set forth by the CDC such as:
- Should you or your family not feel well, please refrain from use of the facility.
- Refrain when possible from touching your eyes, nose and face
- Avoiding close contacts with those that are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Utilize our hand sanitizers located throughout the facility
- Thoroughly wash hands with warm water and soap for 30 seconds
We thank you for your cooperation at this time, we will continue to monitor and inform you about future advances and information regarding the Corona virus.
ISLAND GYM MANAGEMENT TEAM