Will someone help me my first time?
- Yes! Yes! Yes!
- Everyone is entitled to help. You should never feel like you are bothering us or imposing. Don’t be shy, please just walk up to the front counter or any training coach. Although we are unable to stay with you through your entire workout, we can help with most questions, introduction to equipment, and basic nutrition advice.
- The best part about being an Island Gym member is that all new Advantage members are entitled to 2 full weeks of Fitness Coaching included in the 14/4 Success Program.
- To get the absolute most out of your time, we suggest scheduling an appointment with the club head trainer.
Do I really need a fitness trainer? And if so, can I try one for free?
- Yes, it is a fact that you will get more out of your workouts and reach your goals in a shorter period when assisted by a certified training coach.
- There is a lot to learn about fitness and training, and there’s nothing wrong with asking for help! If you want to get off on the right track, or if you are just tired of getting little or no results, please ask us about FITx.
- Our FITx training is the most effective way to get the results you want.
- Don’t worry; training is not expensive. Rates are as low as $7 per session.
- In FITx, we work out with friends in groups, and everyone is there for the same reason.
- Yes! We are confident you will love FITx and the results; you can try it for free for one week. Please schedule an appointment with the club head coach.
Can I bring a guest to the gym?
- New Advantage members, over 21 years of age, may bring a guest to the gym for free every day for the first 2 weeks of enrollment. You will need to bring your original contract with you every day for guest access. This privilege is part of the 14/4 Success Program.
- Island Gym does not provide guest passes. However, we have never denied a member from requesting a guest pass for a friend or family member. Click here to submit a guest pass request.
- Our fitness training department can also arrange for a guest pass for a friend or family member. Schedule a consultation with a training coach and receive scheduled guest privilege access.
- Members may bring guests to the gym for a daily fee of $15.00 per visit. If your guest enrolls within 24 hours, we will credit the $15.00 toward any membership.
Do I have access to all four Island Gym locations?
- Only Advantage members have access to all 4 Island Gym locations.
- Standard members only have access to the club in which they joined
What are my options for paying my member dues?
- Island Gym’s EFT/Autopay program offers Advantage members convenient and accurate billing directly from a checking account or credit card. This eliminates late payments or the possibility of delinquent account status.
- Payments can be made via online at www.IslandGym.com. See My Account Online for instructions.
- Payments can also be made at the front check-in counter of any Island Gym location.
- Payments made to the gym 5 days before your due date will not be drafted via EFT.
What do I wear when I come to the gym?
- Proper workout attire is always recommended.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are mandatory.
- We recommend you wear comfortable sneakers and clothing suitable for exercise.
- Prohibited are open-toed shoes, flip-flops, and work-boots.
Who will help me if I have a problem or a complaint?
- Island Gym provides you several methods to reach someone in charge. We can answer all your questions from problems with billing, freezing your membership, as well as canceling your membership. Island Gym Member Services has been established to handle all these issues and is available to help you with any problem you have.
- Please do not ask the front counter staff about billing problems, or other issues regarding your account. Member Services is best equipped to handle every situation.
How do I learn about fitness and use of the equipment?
- The best and most effective way to learn about fitness is to take full advantage of the 14/4 Success Program.
- The 14/4 Success Program will educate you about real fitness and nutrition.
- You will learn the most about fitness from the use of equipment and a combination of Fitness Coaching, FITx Training, and real physician guided weight loss counseling.
- Schedule an appointment for fitness coaching today.
Do I have access to my membership records?
- All members have complete and secure access to their membership records 24/ 7 via the Island Gym website. You can view your account online and even request changes to your contact and billing information. Viewing of all charges on your account and even payment balances is also available online.
- Click here to Access Online Member Services
- Member Services is also available for all your account needs and requests. You may request an invoice, payment history, check-in history, and any reports available on your account. Click here to contact member services
Are group fitness classes included in my membership?
- Yes! All group fitness and aerobics classes are included with every Island Gym membership.
- Class schedules are available online, and printed schedules are located at the member center.
- Mandatory reservations are required for Spin Classes. Reservations are limited to 2 hours before scheduled class times. Reservations can only be made online or via Island Gym mobile app.
Can I freeze my membership and how are my membership dues handled?
- Only Advantage members qualify to freeze their agreement.
- Freeze forms are available at the front desk. All freeze request forms are reviewed by member services and must qualify before they are approved. Please be sure to review all the terms and conditions of the freeze request form.
- Members can freeze for only 1, 2, or 3 months.
- Standard memberships are not eligible to freeze.
Qualifications to freeze your membership are as follows:
- You must provide proof of a medical ailment with doctor's note.
- You must provide proof of temporary residence change.
- You must provide proof of military obligations.
Freezing your membership during your open renewal period with the result in deferred invoicing and billing up to 3 months or time requested. Allow 15 days for processing.
Do I have to check in at the front counter every time I enter the club?
- Yes! You need to check in and provide your key tag or membership number every time you enter the club. A picture is required on your account and will be used to identify you at entry.
- Please be patient when entering the club and when providing the front desk attendant your information.
- Please be advised that you will be stopped at check-in for any alerts on your account including past due balance, billing information, or an expired contract.
How do I cancel my membership?
- Canceling your account is easy and hassle free.
- You must complete and submit a cancellation form provided from the front desk.
- Please be sure to read the cancellation request terms and conditions. Allow 15 days to process.
- Advantage membership is an open renewal contract and must be formally canceled in writing to stop future billing.
- Standard memberships do not require cancellation. They automatically expire at the end of the contract term.
- Cancellation request forms are submitted to member services and must qualify to be approved.
- If you do not qualify, you are still obligated to the terms of your agreement.
- If you do not qualify to cancel you may opt to pay the cancellation fee of $96.00, equal to 3 months dues.